COASTAL PROMENADE LUNGOMARE
Promenade is 12 km long. It connects Opatija Riviera towns: Volosko, Opatija, Ičići, Ika and Lovran.
The construction of Promenade began in 1885. This period coincides with the opening of the first hotels in Opatija (Kvarner Hotel in 1884., and Hotel Imperial in 1885.). It was completed in 1889. when Opatija was declared a climatic health resort, and was connected with Lovran in 1911., the time of greatest expansion in tourism on the Riviera. Along the walkways were erected memorials to famous personalities who have stayed in Opatija: writer Henry Sienkiewicz (above Opatija harbor), doctor Theodor Billroth (on the wall of the church of St. James), General Jozef Pilsudski (park in front of the Art pavilion "Juraj Sporer") . Partly promenade passes through the famous central Opatija park.
Tel: +385 (0)51 271 710
Coordinates: 45.33330803, 14.30663466 How to get there?
By clicking "How to get there" Google maps will open. Insert your starting adress and click "Get directions". A datailed printable plan will appear.