MUSEUM OF SLAVONIA, OSIJEK

Museum of Slavonia was established in 1877. as the Museum of the Royal city of Osijek. The diversity and richness of material, continuously collected nearly a hundred and thirty years, led the Osijek Museum to the national level and the status of the largest museums of general type in Croatia.

Museum of Slavonia was established in 1877. as the Museum of the Royal city of Osijek. The diversity and richness of material, continuously collected nearly a hundred and thirty years, led the Osijek Museum to the national level and the status of the largest museums of general type in Croatia.

The museum has nearly 400,000 registered objects are grouped into 100-odd collections. Nine departments: Natural History, Archaeology, (with prehistoric, ancient, and Migration Department and the Middle Ages), Numismatic, History, Department of art, ethnographic, technical, Department muzealnih tiskopisa and collection of newspapers, with a preparatory workshop and clerical and administrative office work today at three locations in Osijek Citadel - Saint Peter's Square, street Trinity 5 and 6, on the Square Lisinski and in Bösendorfer street No.2.

Vikend Planer