CHURCH OF ST.MARY OF MERCY - OUR LADY OF DANČE, DUBROVNIK

Whenever ships leave the Town or just pass by it, they horn and as an echo from the mainland, they hear the bells from the centuries-old white church of St. Mary of Grace, Our Lady of Danče as they call it in Dubrovnik .

Whenever ships leave the Town or just pass by it, they horn and as an echo from the mainland, they hear the bells from the centuries-old white church of St. Mary of Grace, Our Lady of Danče as they call it in Dubrovnik .

Touching is a beautiful centuries-old tradition of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception to greet sailors, wishing them a happy and peaceful sea voyage, a safe return to their families. Church of Our Lady of the votive church of the Danes, especially Dubrovnik sailors, whose ship captains still welcome, and the nuns always tirelessly and consistently match the blessing of church bells. Today honorable otpozdravljaju and crews and passengers with a large tourist cruisers who have accepted this beautiful Dubrovnik custom, and often, when they step on shore, the captains of the floating hotel visiting nuns and their convent built on the sea cliff. Founded in the cemetery 1457th decision of the Great Council of Dubrovnik Republic, when the Danes were used as quarantine, isolation of all infected or those who might be carriers of plague. In the church are deposited two of Dubrovnik painting masterpieces: the polyptych Madonna with Saints Lawrence Dobricevic from 1465. and the polyptych Madonna with Saints Nicholas Bozidarevic from 1517th

Vikend Planer